Ok, I’m off the Hyyge yarn and crochet for a bit. It’s time to go down the knitting rabbit hole!
I’m really enjoying making these double brim knitted hats right now. They’re very beginner friendly. I’m on a faux fur pom pom kick right now (I’m even learning how to make them), but you can skip that part and the hat’s are still beautiful without them.
There’s also a video tutorial for added ease. If you’d like the printable PDF version of this pattern with different sizes( women’s : S – L ), visit my Etsy shop here
I’ve included a list of all the materials, some of which are affiliate links (you know the drill). I hope you enjoy this simple little knitting project. If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up on here or my social media for answers. Enjoy 🙂
- Patons Alpaca Blend from yarnspirations ( weight 5 bulky yarn / 155 yards / 3.5oz for each skein )
- Colors pictured ( Tiger Eye – 1 skein ) (Oats – 1 skein )
- 16″ Circular knitting needle size US 10 / 6 mm
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker
- Fluffy fur pom pom or you can make your own pom pom by using pom pom maker
Stitches used & code
- co = cast on
- bo = bind off
- k = knit
- rep = repeat
- pm = place marker
- st = stitch(es)
Gauge : 14 st x 20 rows = 4″
Size and Measurements :
- Size M ( fit most women ) = 18″ circumference stretches out to 21″ wide x 12″ tall
- First color(color A) it’s going to be inside of the brim
- Place marker at beginning of round
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE PATTERN
co 63 st, pm and Join for working in the round( make sure not to twist st )
Round 1 – 18 ( color A ) : k all
Round 19 – 32 ( color B ) : k all
Round 33 ( color B ) : Fold your brim inside the hat and take the first co st into left needle and then k the first st and first co st together and repeat with each st and each co st around. ( check picture below )
Round 34 – 60 ( color B ) : k all
*The end of round 60, cut the yarn and leave 18″ tails.
Closing up the hat
Draw through remaining stitches around. Pull tight and bring your tail through to the inside of the hat. Make as many knots as you need till the hat feels secure. Weave the end and trim the tail.
Attaching pom pom
Attach the pom pom to the outside top, tie a few knots from the inside of the hat
Congratulations, you’ve made a hat, nice job!