Welcome to another stitch tutorial. Today we’ve got one of my summer favorites with this lacy shell stitch.
I’ve been planning on making tutorials for all the stitches I’ve used on my patterns and tutorials so you can go back and see for reference. It turns out that’ll take a while 🤣
In the mean time, I’ve finished this crochet lacy shell stitch tutorial for us as a refresher for the upcoming summer crochet season. It’s probably gonna get pretty lacey up in here.
If you just want more stitch tutorials, I’ve got you covered here.
If you’re satisfied with your lacy crochet shell stitch knowledge and just want to get to the cool stuff, here’s some projects below to get you going.
If you’d like a video tutorial to follow along, be sure to scroll down to the bottom
Stitches Used & Code (US Term)
- ch = chain
- st = stitch(es)
- dc = double crochet
- sk = skip
- sp = space
- REP = repeat
- Lace shell stitch = (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc All into same st = 1 lace shell st)
- The lace shell stitch is in a multiples of 6 + 4 chain. For the following instructions, I’m going to make 28 chains.
- The lace shell stitch is a 1 row repeat witch is row 2
- Can use in row or round. For the following written instructions, I’m going to make in a row
- For the following written instructions, I’m using 1 color but you can use multiple colors. You can change color how ever you want, every row, every other row, it’s up to you.
Crochet Lacy Shell Stitch Written Instructions
Row 1: ch 28, sk 3 ch (count as 1 dc), 2 dc into next ch, *sk 5 ch, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc All into next ch = 1 Lace shell st)* REP from *TO* until you have 6 ch left, sk 5 ch, 3 dc into last ch. Check picture below
Row 2: Turn, ch 3 (count as 1 dc), 2 dc into first st/same ch 3 st, *(3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc All into next ch 2 sp = 1 Lace shell st)* REP from *TO* across, end with 3 dc into last st/the last st is the third ch. Check picture below
Repeat row 2 for remainder of project
HERE’S THE VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR THIS LACE SHELL STITCH
That’s it for today, I hope you learned something fun and interesting that will keep you hooked on crochet, terrible pun intended!
If you enjoyed this lacy shell stitch tutorial and would like to support the channel, you can find all my ad free PDF patterns for sale on on my channels below.
Thank you all for your continued support, it’s a dream come true to share my designs with you all.
Till next time, happy crocheting!