The holidays are upon us, and that means things: Our feet are cold, and we need to Xmas shop. Well, I’m here to offer a solution to both.
Make yourself a pair of these crochet comfy slipper, slip them on and stay warm while you crochet everyone else a pair for Xmas gifts. Problem solved!
I’ve been searching for a way to incorporate some of this Lion brand Go For Faux Thick and Quick into some winter projects. I”m still ambitious about adding it into the collar of a sweater or jacket project, but these slippers were a great fit for the product.
It’s really soft to the touch and it retains a lot of warmth, so it made for a perfect slipper cuff.
These will work up quick and easy. If you’re like, you always have just enough super bulky yarn left over to taunt you. Not enough for a sweater, too much for a hat. This should do the trick.
I hope you all enjoy, Happy crocheting 🙂
- #6 Super bulky yarn
- I uesd Buttercream Luxe craft Alpaca solid #6 Super bulky yarn for slipper part ( Color A = Gray )
- I used Lion brand GO FOR FAUX Thick & Quick #7 Jumbo yarn for the cuff ( Color B = Mink )
- Crochet hook size 8 mm
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker
*Some of these materials contain affiliate links, for which I make a small commission. Ya know, super small but everything helps 🙂 It’s no extra cost to you, makes shopping easier and helps to keep the lights on.
Stitches used & code
- Magic ring
- ch = chain
- st = stitch(es)
- sl st = slip stitch
- sc = single crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- rep = repeat
- ” = inches
- Here’s the video tutorial for this slipper
- This pattern made as women’s shoe sizes 5/6( 7/8, 9/10, 11/12 ) Keep in mind these slipper can stretch a little, so the sizes are flexible depending on how you want them to fit.
- All the sizes are made the same in this pattern, just adding or subtracting rows to the desired size. Just follow the size chart as you go.
- In this picture I have demonstrated with size 7/8
- Color A = 60( 70, 80, 90 ) yards
- Color B = 20( 25, 30, 35 ) yards
Gauge: 10 hdc X 6.5 rows = 4″
Note: We’ll use color A for the slipper part. Every time you start a new round place the stitch marker into the first hdc.
Start with a magic ring
Round 1: ch 1 ( do not count as a st ), 9 hdc into the ring sp, sl st into the first hdc st. Total of 9 hdc
Round 2: ch 1 ( do not count as a st ), 2 hdc into each st around, sl st into the first hdc st. Total of 18 hdc
Round 3: ch 1 ( do not count as a st ), 1 hdc into each st around, sl st into the first hdc st. Total of 18 hdc
Round 4 – 8 rep round 3
Row 9: ch 1 ( do not count as a st ), 1 hdc into each of next 13 st ( do not crochet into the last 5 st, leave it open ). Total of 13 hdc
Row 10: Turn, ch 1 ( do not count as a st ), 1 hdc into each 13 st. Total of 13 hdc
Row 11 – 13( 14, 15, 16 ) rep row 10
*The end of row 13( 14, 15, 16 ) Cut the yarn and leave about 10″ tail, we’ll use that tail to sew the slipper hell ( Check picture below )
Turn your slipper inside out, we’ll sew on the wrong side. Use the tail that we left earlier, using which ever method you prefer to sew ( Check picture below )
Cuff = Color B : Turn your slipper right side out, we’ll crochet on the right side
Add new yarn into the back of the slipper, ch 1, 1 sc into each st around, cut the yarn and weave all the ends ( Check picture below )