Someone asked for another purse tutorial and I’m more than happy to oblige 🙂 These are where I was introduced to crochet, I’ve put years into designing and making them.
It’s not an easy project, but it’s so rewarding when it’s done. You can have a one of a kind crochet purse, customized just the way you like it, if you’re willing to do the hard stuff, like sewing the lining and the frame.
Hope you enjoy, I’d love to see your bags when they’re finished. Just @ me on Instagram or Facebook and I’ll gladly share your beautiful work!
Some links contained here are for affiliate products. I only recommend the products I love and use on my own projects. These add no extra cost to you, makes shopping easier and helps to keep the free patterns and tutorials coming for you to enjoy 🙂
For this purse you can used any kind of yarn you like, but I recommend the yarn that I used or look for a stiffer yarn. Nylon is easier to work with but a good stiff cotton etc is good for handbags as well.
Materials you will need for this project
- Here’s the purse farm that I used ( On Etsy )
- Here’s my favorite shop for bag hardware ( On Etsy )
- Here’s the yarn that I used ( I can’t find the same color that I used, but the color that I used is Arugula )
- Here’s more nylon yarn on Amazon ( They have a lot of different colors)
- Here’s the purse frame on Amazon ( They have a lot of
different cool styles )
- Here’s the purse feet
- Here’s Mono filament cord ( for sewing the purse frame to the purse )
- Here’s needle point plastic that I used for the bag bottom
- Here’s the chain strap